Food Safety Awareness
By law, anyone who gives even a glass of water to patients requires a basic level of food safety training. This course has been designed for any member of staff who only handles food and/or drink on behalf of patients at ward level. The content of this course will be followed by an assessment to check your understanding and should take
approximately 30 minutes to complete.
What Will I Learn?
- By the end of this food safety course you will be able to...
- • Be aware of the acts and regulations that are associated with food safety
- • Understand the different types of hazards associated with food safety
- • Know how to break the food poisoning chain
- • Explain the personal hygiene considerations required when handling food.
- • Handle and store food appropriately.